XPACE Cultural Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to emerging art and design. Our goal is to bridge students with their established counterparts through experimental programming that cultivates public dialogue. This allows for a dynamic art space that questions and re-evaluates the cultural and artistic expectations of visual language. XPACE is a membership-driven organization supported by the OCADU Student Union and OCADU students.
XPACE is seeking a Director who will work with XPACE staff, Volunteers, Interns and the OCADU student union, to manage, plan and execute gallery operations, internal and external collaborations and strategic development. The Director will work to develop and execute projects that offer students and emerging artists the opportunity to develop and challenge their careers in art and design. XPACEâ€™s goal is to facilitate and nurture experimental and developing practices in art and design. As Director you will work with the XPACE team to develop and maintain an environment that supports this mission. Additionally the Director will be responsible for overseeing the organization of annual fundraisers, operation/programming budgets, monthly/annual reports and our annual publication VOLUME. In the role of Director you will report to the OCADU board of directors, while liaising with students and faculty to bridge the OCADU student body, local and national arts organizations, artists and the general public for all information pertaining to XPACE.
This position is a full-time, 2-year contract commencing August 17th, 2011. The position pays $16.00/hour at 40 hours per week.
- Implement the Board of Directors and membersâ€™ vision and strategic plan
- Maintain XPACE Programming and Strategic Plan
- Oversee Bylaw and Policy implementation and reviews
- Oversee gallery staff, interns and volunteers
- Coordinate with artists, curators and designers
- Develop and maintain institutional partnerships
- Ensure that the vision, mandate and objectives of XPACE are carried out through all XPACEâ€™s programming initiatives.
- Take primary responsibility for finance including, grant writing, budgeting, banking and reporting
- Manage the planning, organization and execution of XPACE special projects including our annual anthology, VOLUME
- Primary spokesperson for XPACE internally and externally within the OCADU community.
- A post-secondary graduate (up to 4 years out)
- Excellent administration, communication, verbal and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment
- Comfortable with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Textpattern and Wordpress.
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Experience working with volunteers, interns, students and staff.
- understanding of the non-profit and/or artist-run sector in Canada
- Comfortable with grant and proposal writing
- Comfortable with blogging
- A dedicated interest in student and emerging Art and Design
- Demonstrated interest and experience with OCADU Student community is an asset
Date Posted: July, 13th, 2011
Deadline: Monday, July 25th, 2011@ 6pm
Please email Letter of Intent, CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Â ATTN Hiring Committee. Applications must be received by 6pm on July 25th, 2011.
Please note: applications received after 6pm on Monday July 25th will not be reviewed.
**XPACE ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL. Applications received in person / by mail will not be accepted.
Unfortunately only those selected for interview will be contacted.
XPACE graciously acknowledges the support of the OCAD U Student Union and the OCAD University Students.